- This event has passed.
2020 USPowerlifting PDX Spring Classic – Cancelled
June 6 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm PDT$75.00
The 2020 USPowerlifting PDX Spring Classic is a sanctioned by the United States Strengthlifting Federation. Competitors will be ranked and can qualify for the 2020 USSF Nationals.
The powerlifting division of the USSF is comprised of the Squat, Bench Press, and Deadlift. Competition takes place between lifters in categories as defined by sex, bodyweight, and age. Each competitor is given three attempts for each lift, the summation of each valid attempt constituting a total. The lifter with the highest total in their category wins. The lifter with the highest number of points based on Wilks Formula is the best lifter. For a detailed ruleset: usstrengthlifting.com/rules
Where: Next Level Barbell
16660 SE Mcloughlin Blvd
Milwaukie OR, 97222
When: 06/06/2020, registration begins at 9am. Lifting will begin at 11am.
Prizes: Trophies will be awarded to:
Top three open competitors
Top three women competitors
Best open master
Best women master
Best open junior
Best women junior
Lift of the Night
T-shirt: $10 upon registration
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What gear is required? A non-supportive singlet, collarless t-shirt, pair of shoes, and knee high socks are required. For further information reference the costume section located here: usstrengthlifting.com/rules
- When do I weigh in? For the safety of our competitors and in the name of fairness of competition, the USSF does not conduct weigh-ins. Weigh outs will be performed immediately following a lifters final attempt on the platform.
- Are there commands? There are no commands. A lifter merely needs to demonstrate proper control and execution of the lifts as detailed in the rules linked above.
- Is there an overhead press? Unlike the traditional USSF ruleset, the powerlifting variant includes the bench press.
- Can I perform the sumo variant of the deadlift? Unlike the traditional USSF ruleset, the powerlifting variant does allow the sumo deadlift.
- I’m a novice. Can I still compete? A novice athlete or person who has never competed before is welcome and will be supported. There will be extra staff on hand to assist with newer competitors.
- Do I need a membership to compete? Yes, all USSF athletes must purchase a membership to be eligible to compete in a sanctioned event. Memberships are valid for one full year and can be purchased here: https://usstrengthlifting.com/register/ussf-membership/
This event is organized by Jordan Stanton and hosted in partnership with Next Level Barbell. The 2020 US Powerlifting PDX Spring Classic would like to take this time to thank the organizations involved and our sponsors: